Volunteer Opportunities within the Healthy Living Center of Excellence
Want to make a difference in our Community?
Volunteering is a great way to start!
The Healthy Living Center of Excellence at Your Aging and Disability Resource Center is looking for enthusiastic, motivated and passionate volunteers to join our family.
Volunteer Position Information
Coach, Facilitator, Instructor, Educator, Peer Leader, Community Health Worker
Empower seniors in the areas of better balance, healthy living and caregiving by providing workshop participants tools and techniques to focus on healthy behaviors
- Volunteers who are interested in working with seniors in the areas of fall prevention, caregiving and managing chronic conditions
- Background or experience as Physical Therapist, Personal Trainer, Teacher, Nurse, and Social Worker is helpful
- Ability to engage and motivate seniors
- Ability to listen with great empathy
- Ability to travel throughout the county
- Ability to pass a background check
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free training provided
- Making a positive impact
- Stipend available
- Volunteers typically facilitates presentations and/or workshops at local senior centers, independent living facilities and other community locations. Schedules are varied and flexible; workshops average 25 hours over a period of 6-8 weeks
- No evenings and weekends required
For more information please contact Liliana Herrera:
Or fill out the form below (Resume and Cover Letter are optional)
If you love to volunteer, then being a Coach is a great way to help improve lives of others.
Thank you for your interest!